This program develops researchers, educators, and highly-skilled professionals who are capable of demonstrating leadership with creativity and abundant ideas to solve the complicated and difficult problems in the actual world along with a global perspective capability, and a diverse and flexible thinking capability in the multi-and/or integrated interdisciplinary fields of systems, information and society.
As well as fostering the learning and application ability of advanced and extensive scientific and engineering expertise on the basis of the knowledge and capability acquired through Bachelor Degree Programs, this program will also improve recognition of the social needs for engineers and researchers. Accordingly, researchers and highly-skilled professionals equipped with the capability to tackle various problems in the actual world from a diversified new point of view, and widely convey the outcome to the world will eventually be developed.
This program develops researchers, educators, and highly-skilled professionals equipped with knowledge which will continue to play an active role internationally into the future, and practical development capabilities by fostering the ability to find the nature of problems on their own from a global perspective, in order to pursue solutions making full use of state-of-the-art professional knowledge and methodology, diverse and flexible thinking capability, creativity and abundant ideas, descriptive expression and presentation ability to disseminate the outcome of research to the world, and leadership ability including the operation and management of projects.
Competence refers to the knowledge and capability which students must have at the time of degree conferment.
In the Degree Programs in Systems and Information Engineering, the systematic academic program is organized and conducted through the identification of the competences. In order to identify the competences, not only high-level professional knowledge and capability (specific competences) related to the student’s major, but fostering the general-purpose capabilities (generic competences) is also identified as a qualification to support success throughout their life in diversified global scenes, and a society which changes drastically. Since it is important for the competences to be easily understood by students, how to evaluate the acquired status of the set competences from what point of view (point of view of evaluation), or what to study to acquire the competences (main area of study) is specified in the curriculum policy of each degree program.
Click here to learn more about the competences.
1. Ability to use knowledge: Ability to put advanced knowledge to use in society
2. Management ability: Ability to appropriately address challenges from every angle
3. Communication ability: Ability to express expert knowledge accurately and clearly
4. Group skill: Ability to cooperate and actively contribute to the achievement of goals as a team
5. International character: Awareness to contribute to the international society
1. Ability to create knowledge: Ability to create new knowledge to be able to contribute to future society
2. Management ability: Ability to plan and implement measures to identify and solve challenges from a higher perspective
3. Communication ability: Ability to express the nature of academic findings positively and clearly
4. Leadership ability: Ability to accomplish objectives under one’s leadership
6. International character: High-level of awareness and motivation to be internationally active and contribute to international society
1. Research ability: Basic knowledge and ability to set reseach tasks and carry out a research plan in the areas of systems and infomation engineering
2. Specialized knowledge: Advanced specialized knowledge and command of the areas of systems and information engineering
3. Ethical view: Ethical view and ethical knowledge appropriate for human resources equipped with basic research skills in the areas of engineering or highly-skilled professionals
1. Research ability: Ability to set leading-edge and advanced reseach tasks based on up-to-date specialized knowledge and carry out a research plan independently in the areas of systems and infomation engineering
2. Specialized knowledge: Leading-edge and advanced specialized knowledge and command of the areas of systems and information engineering
3. Ethical view: Ethical view and ethical knowledge appropriate for researchers in the areas of engineering and deep ethical knowledge about the specific area of expertise