Graduate School Credited Auditors

“Credited Auditors” is a lifelong education program that allows the public including working professionals to study part‐time and for the university to evaluate their learning outcomes.
Enrolled auditors can take courses offered by programs at the University of Tsukuba, and the university gives them a credit if they complete a course.
A broad range of courses are available, and everyone is welcome to learn as a credited auditor. Since not all the classes can be taken, check the availability and condition of the class in the “Course Catalog for Graduate School Students (for non-degree research student reference)” before submitting the application.
The granting credits may be considered as the credits for subject area classes that have been completed after the admission to the Universities.
Please check the Official University website (Credited Auditors) for details.


Graduate School Non-degree Research Students (Kenkyusei)

Research students (Kenkyusei) refers to students who do research on specific research topics under the guidance of a supervisor at the University of Tsukuba. Although research students are able to attend classes related to research upon the approval of an supervisor or faculty in charge of a class, they cannot acquire credits, or Master’s or Doctoral degrees.

Japanese Research Students

Application guideline for Japanese research students is available, please check the Official University website (Research Student System).

International Research Students

In order for international students to enroll in universities in Japan, there are generally two ways; one is to enroll as a graduate school degree student after passing an entrance examination, and the other is to enroll as a research student and preparing for taking the entrance examination of the graduate school.
For the research student, you can choose the timing of enrollment from April, October and December and each sets the deadline of application. The application can be submitted via the International Research Student Admissions Web Entry System. Please refer to the Official University website (International Research Students) for the details.

Information on Applications for Research Students in each Specific Degree Program

Some of the specific degree programs require submission of additional documents, such as “Application Form for Academic Advisor Assignment”. Therefore, please be sure to check the information on the application for research students in each specific degree program, and obtain advice from a supervisor before submitting the document.